1-2 russet potatos, washed and sliced thinly
1 large carrot sliced thinly
1 handful Fresh baby spinach
1 Cup Roasted frozen corn-heated
1 Cup Cooked beans of choice- I use black, kidney and baby lima
½ Cup Fresh cherry tomatoes cut in quarters
¼ red bell pepper- diced
¼ green bell pepper- diced
Salt & pepper to taste
Nutritional yeast to taste- I use quite a bit about ¼ cup
Vegan sour cream to top
Fresh cilantro or parsley to top(optional)
Vegan Nachos with a Twist
Instead of using corn chips this recipe uses thinly sliced potatoes and carrots for chips. It’s a delicious spin and tasty for a potato lover like me. I have included a photo of what the potatoes and carrots look like before topping.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and let it preheat while you slice the potatoes and carrots.
- Arrange the potatoes and carrots on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Feel free to use oil underneath if you are worried about sticking. Bake until beginning to brown and cooked through. Mine take about 20 minutes
- While your “chips” are cooking dice and chop your veggies and prepare your toppings.
- When potatoes and carrots are finished top with spinach, corn, beans, veggies, salt pepper and the rest of your toppings.
- Consume! Adjust the amount of toppings according to how hungry you are. I pile mine high sometimes.