- 1 Tbsp of avocado oil or oil of choice
- ½ sweet yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 Tbsp strained tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp of coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp Tamari or Soy Sauce if not Gluten Free
- 1 15oz can cannellini beans, drained
- Salt and black pepper to taste*
*Note: The Tamari has quite a bit of sodium so you may not need to add in any additional salt. I recommend tasting before salting to find a salt level that suits your preferences.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, and add the onion. Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until soft and translucent. Add in the garlic and cook for another 5 minutes or so, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add the strained tomatoes, paprika, thyme, coconut sugar and tamari, and cook for a couple more minutes
2. Add the beans and simmer for at least 5 minutes, until the mixture is nice and hot and the sauce has thickened a little
3. Season generously with black pepper and salt-if using Serve warm on toast. Sourdough is my favorite!